”Mazegohan” mixed rice
1/2 gobo thinly cut
1/2 carrots thinly cut
2-3 dried shiitake (soaked in water)
1 aburage (deep fried tofu)
2 TBS dried hijiki seaweed (soaked in water)
2 TBS brown sugar
4-5 TBS soy sauce
1 TBS sesame oil (optional)
dried enoki mushrooms
Handful of kale or other greens
Chestnuts, goji berries, walnuts
Sprinkles of sesame seeds
3 cups of sushi rice
1. Put oil in a pan and saute gobo and carrots for about 2-3 minutes.
2. Thoroughly wash the hijiki.
3. Add rest of the ingredients and saute for about 2 minutes.
4. Add brown sugar and saute for another 2 minutes.
5. Add soy sauce one spoon at a time.
6. Taste and add more soy sauce to your liking.
May or may not add sesame oil at the end.
These are the major ingredients.
To add 'green' to your dish.
Wash the kale and remove from the stem.
Add 2tsp salt and the washed kale into the pan and sautee.
The moisture from the kale and the salt will reduce the kale.
Mix the vegetables with the cooked rice.
It is easier to put the cooked rice in a large mixing bowl and add the vegetables.
You may adjust how much vegetables you add.
Garnish with kale and other nuts etc.