Monday, October 12, 2015

Roasted Cauliflower with Romesco Sauce

One day, I found this recipe in one of the magazines I read in my dentist's office. 

I like how the cauliflower was cut. 
It is so playful♪
Japanese say, 'eating with our eyes'
Presentation is very important, not just how it tastes!

Anyway, I have made some changes and made it simpler.

check it out for the original recipe





Ingredients:
Cauliflower--sliced as shown in the photo 
                      brush with olive oil and a bit of salt and pepper
Butternut squash (which I found in my fridge) sliced with the skin off    
              
Romesco sauce:
1 large red pepper cooked (I cook in a skillet with olive oil. Put the whole pepper in a skillet and cook it for about 4 minutes, turning it over. then, cover and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Peel the the skin off. The skin should easily peel off)
1 clove garlic (mashed or grated)
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup blanched almonds
1/2 cup tomato sauce (homemade)
salt and pepper
cayenne pepper (optional)



Procedures:
Roast the cauliflower and the butternut squash at 400F for about 30-40minutes.

Put all the ingredients in a blender except for salt and pepper (and cayenne),
blend until smooth.

Serve with roasted vegetables. 

☆ Good recipe! Must try!

Bon appetite♪

No comments:

Post a Comment